Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'd Rather

I’d rather see a sermon . . .
then hear one any day.
I’d rather you would walk with me,
than merely tell the way!
The eye’s a better pupil,
and more convincing than the ear.
Your words may be confusing,
but example’s always clear!
I’d rather learn my lessons
by observing how it’s done,
Conversation might be easy,
but your tongue too fast may run!
I may not fully understand
the fine advice you give,
But there’s no misunderstanding
how you act or how you live!~Krist
one
I'd rather my daughter and Jocelyn see Christ in me and my actions rather than hear words with no real value.
What would you rather your children or the children you care for see or hear ? They are watching us even when we don't see them behind or beside us, they watch us every day.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true!! It is a great priviledge and a great responsibility!