Thursday, January 10, 2008

Do Stay At Home Moms Get Sick Days ?

Ok, I have been battling a sinus infection and finally went to the Dr yesterday, 4 prescriptions later we went out to lunch and I thought " Great, we'll get some lunch and then surely Lauren will take a nap because I so desperatly need some sleep" Ok, great plan right, well here's how it went.

Mommy- Lauren, Mommy is sick and needs to rest, let's watch a movie
Lauren- Mommy sick ?
Mommy- yes, let's lay down and watch Curious George and rest
Lauren- Mommy, where's the monkey
Mommy- He's right there
Lauren- Where's the monkey daddy
Mommy- The monkey's " daddy" is the man in the yellow hat
Lauren- oh, Mommy sick, go night night
Mommy- yes, sweetie mommy is sick and needs a nap
Lauren- mommy need a bandaid?
Mommy- No, mommy needs a nap, watch your movie ok.
Lauren- oh, where's the monkey ?
Mommy- Right there

Needless to say mommy never did get a nap so when Steve got home she was all his and mommy went to bed. But my question is this. Do Stay at home mommies get sick days and if so where do I sign up ?

6 comments:

Lauren's Nana said...

I wish you were closer, that is the main thing I hate about you being so far away!!! You could sign up for sick time and I could have Nana time:)
Feel better soon.
Love you,
Mama

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Bless your heart! Praying you get better soon!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

I hear you! When I had an office job, if I felt like taking a day off, I called in sick... can't really do that as a Mama.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

LaLa said...

Yuck...I know what you mean. When I had strep I was lucky enough to have Daddy stay home that first day...

Kim, Jeff, Emily and Benjamin said...

Amen to that, Stacie! We DON'T get a day off. Feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Wish I had a way of saying "yes" we get sick days but... of course, if there is a babysitter, we don't want them to get what we have so we put up with it:)